Dear Emily

How are all my readers today?!

I have to tell you that being a new mom is full of learning, adventure, stress, joy, stress, excitement, stress and love.  I try to be an in the moment, laid back mom (and I fail miserably most of the time).  It isn't always easy but I try.  

I also try to keep up with Emily's baby book and write down everything I can.  However, I fall short often, very often.  So I'm going to start posting letters to baby Em on my blog.  Maybe, one day she will read them and be proud or embarrassed either way at least I will have frozen these little moments in time.

xoxo


Dear Emily,

You are almost 11 months old!  I am not really sure how that happened.  I feel like one day I had you swaddled in your pink miracle blanket and now you are trying to walk.  Someone once told me "the days are long but the years are short" and I know understand what that means.  

You are such a fun girl!  You LOVE music.  I'm not sure I've ever been around a baby that responds to music the way you do.  You like all types of music and you love it when we sing to you.  You don't seem to mind that mama can't carry a tune.  Whenever you get upset if we sing to you it instantly calms you down.  I credit your daddy.  He's always playing music for you.  Even when you were in my belly I wore a little speaker and played music for you.

You are very curious as well!  You want to know what everything does and how it works.  If I am doing something you want to do it too.  You aren't afraid to try and do anything.  And even though it scares me I really love that about you!  

You are a happy camper!  You have always been a happy girl.  You only get ticked off when I don't change your diaper fast enough or you're hungry.  You could also do without me coating you in sunscreen :)  Other than that you just love to play and be around people.  I love your happy heart.  

Seeing you grow and change these past 11 months has been the greatest privilege of my life. To say I thank God for you every day would be putting it mildly.  I thank Him constantly for your life and for letting me be your mother.  I thank your dad all the time for giving me this most incredible gift.  

I love you little girl more than you can ever know!  I can't wait for the next 11 months.

Love,

Mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

I'm Jealous Of My Husband

A Sad Season