Wuv You

Dear Olivia,

You don't this yet (and I'm glad you don't) but there was a big election yesterday and today lots of people are posting on social media.  They aren't holding space for each other, being forgiving or loving (for the most part) they are hurting and passing that hurt onto others that might see things differently.  I wish it was different but it isn't.  

The outcome of the election is done and now we have the amazing opportunity to come together as a country and heal.  To do great things but it all starts with us, me and you.  You told me you loved me for the first time yesterday and there is no greater gift to me than that. I will always remember how I felt, where we were and what your face looked like when you said "wuv you".  

To me, sweet Olivia, that is what matters.  On a day filled with so much hate, hurt and downright rude behavior we found love.  I hope that one moment between us creates a lot of light and space for more love.  I hope that you can see how mommy and daddy stayed off the internet and didn't engage in banter that only increases pain.  I hope you see that love is truly the way.

My prayer for you, your sister and all the children out there is that all of us adults will act with immense compassion, care and love when we pick our words.  Whether those words are said face to face or over the internet I pray we speak to each other with grace and dignity.  

The world is changing and shifting baby girl and my hope is that in your lifetime you will know tremendous love, healing and positivity.  I hope that you know that "wuv you" is the key to life and there is no greater gift you can bestow upon someone or this world.  We get a choice every day and every moment to pick love or to pick hate/fear.  Thank you for reminding me that love is always the right choice.

I want to thank you for keeping me grounded, keeping me true to myself and making me better each and everyday.  Seeing the world through your eyes is such an amazing gift and one I cannot say thank you enough for.  

I wuv you sweet girl.

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

The Power of Positive Thinking