The Confessional

Happy February this and thatters!  I hope 2017 is treating you right and you enjoy this edition of the confessional.

xoxo


1.  I deleted Facebook of my phone (as I mentioned in a previous post).  My social media habit was becoming a bit intense.  I now have to remind myself to check Facebook, ha!  Who knew?  If you're considering a social media detox I highly recommend.  I've been toying with the idea of deleting instagram as well but haven't gotten up the nerve to do it....stay tuned.

2.  I got a Kindle a few months ago and I am obsessed.  I've been reading like a mad woman. Any good books I just have to read?  I feel like it makes it so easy to order books!  I also carry it in my purse and then read when and where I can.  Best purchase I've made in a long time.

3.  I have been working really hard to be organized and make sure all the trains are running on time.  This is definitely a process and one that doesn't happen over night but I am feeling better and better about the schedule.  In fact I've been working to make it a little bit more detailed and refined as we go.  Having the big calendar on our fridge helps everyone know what each day is going to look like and that is hugely helpful.  Any good tips you have for staying organized as a family I am all ears, so please share!

4.  Someone stole my debit card last week and decided to spend $150 0n the dating website "Our Time".  Good lord!  How expensive are these sites?  I haven't had a debit card for several days and have been dealing with cash only and it has helped me save money.  I really need to start doing cash only for spending money it works so much better for me!

5.  And finally I've been working to carve out time for myself to do things that I want to do.  I find that when I do have free time I often spend it cleaning, organizing etc.  I had some free time this wknd and I actually sat down and watched an entire documentary by myself.  It was amazing.  This might seem simple or like no big deal but for me it was huge.  I did something I wanted to do and didn't feel selfish or guilty.  I did something to take care of myself.  I'm working on this and little by little it's getting easier.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

The Power of Positive Thinking