Dear Emily

Dear Emily,

I am loving this time with you right now!  I wish I could freeze time for just a little bit.  It's such a great time because you can walk, feed yourself and talk.  Now you can't say much but you absolutely get your point across.  

You are getting more independent and less shy!  I am so proud of you for being brave and trying all sorts of new things.  I know new things seem scary at first but I promise if you keep doing them it won't be as scary.  I promise you that doing these new things is a great way to grow and figure out who you are.

You aren't exactly sure what to think about me being pregnant nor do I really expect you to understand.  We do talk about babies a lot and you enjoy looking at my growing belly.  You even like to lift my shirt up in public which is super fun for mommy :)  

We are working on saying "sissy" as I know the babies name is a bit of a mouthful for now.  You are getting very good at saying sissy.  I think about what you will think all the time when the new baby arrives.  

I worry that you won't understand or won't like it but as soon as I do I stop.  Knowing your spirit I know that you will absolutely love the baby and want to help me with everything.  I am so excited for you to have a sibling and for you to be a big sister.  I really couldn't think of a better big sister than you!  

I am so proud of you!   I am proud of how you are growing, changing and adapting to things. I am proud of how you learn everyday, how you teach yourself new things and how you always figure things out.  Mostly I am just proud to be your momma.  

I love you sweet baby girl....always to the moon and back!

Momma

xoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

The Power of Positive Thinking