The Truth

Hello happy readers!

I hope you and yours are doing well.  I wanted to share with you a little bit of truth today.  I hope you enjoy!

xoxo

The truth for me today and most days is I want to blog, I think about blogging, I yearn to blog but rarely is there that time in my day.  I feel like I spend most days trying to check items off my never ending to do list.  I spend most days trying to be better than I was the day before.  I spend most days in my head trying to think positively and avoid the negative swirl of thoughts that can so easily take me out of joy.  I spend most days feeling like I haven't spend enough time with matt, or myself or the girls....or poor mae, mae!  

I really don't know when it happened that I feel so busy.  I feel like I am literally running from thing to thing.  And since we started potty training Em I am literally running holding a giggling 2 1/2 year old to the closest bathroom I can find.  The weight of it all and all the running can get you down, can swallow you up if you don't watch it.  If you don't take a moment to honor all that is happening it will be the thing that overwhelms you.  

I think a lot about how I can honor myself each day.  This is a new thing for me.  For most of my life I only thought I was worthy based on what I did for others.  How much I loved others, did for others, cared for others, gave of myself to others determined how I got to feel about myself.  That's a dangerous game.  Mostly because people are completely unaware you're playing it and they are involved.  

I'm not that person anymore.  While I adore, cherish, love and can't get enough of the people in my life they no longer define me, fill me up and determine how I get to feel about me.  I no longer allow myself to feel anxious, depressed, not good enough because of what might be going on with someone else.  This is hard and it's absolutely a practice and work in progress. For me as a wife and mother it takes being present and thoughtful each day in order to stay in my truth.  

Like everything else in my life (now) I want blogging to be authentic, thoughtful and completely reflective of where I am today.  So I commit to this space and this blog but it might look differently than it did before.  It might not be all about fashion, food and fun....it might be a little deeper than that.  If that's not your thing I get it, I honor you and you absolutely should read content that inspires you that might be this blog or it might not be...that's ok.  

I want all of you to know that the fact that you take time out of your clutter, over scheduled lives to stop by here means more than I can say.  Today this is my truth....I would love to hear yours if you want to share in the comments below.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season