You Do The Work

Happy Day this and thatters!  How are you?

I am loving this beautiful, chilly weather and getting to break out boots and sweaters :)  I am also loving this past weekend.  I had a lot of time at home and got super organized.  I also finally convinced the hubs to let me remodel our master closest (stay tuned for that project and before and after pics).  I cannot wait to get started on this project and to finally be able to have all my clothes in one closet!!

We also went to church this weekend and I have to say I'm very glad we did.  We hadn't been in a couple of weeks and we wanted to started the first Sunday of the New Year off right :)  The sermon was titled So Far, So Good, So What.  I immediately loved the title!! 

The sermon was so moving that I actually started scribbling notes on my bulletin and it is sitting here on my computer desk as I type this.  The basic message, really hit home with me, it was all about leaving 2012 in 2012.  He made the point that taking anything forward with us good or bad wasn't an option if we were truly seeking God in 2013. 

I got to thinking he had a point!  All the things good or bad that happened to me in 2012 are a part of me in some way.  I don't need to constantly dwell on them, remember them or rehash them.  They are always there and have made me better, stronger, wiser. 

What I need to focus on now is what 2013 will hold.  How will I prepare for each day and how will I live my life in this next year.  The Reverend made the point that by striving forward we are having confidence in the future and that God can only be found in the future.  I really liked that.  It made me think of that quote "go confidentially in the direction of your dreams." 

He said over and over that we have to let go of the past-drop it, offer it up, put it down.  Do whatever we needed to do in order to move forward with our future.  All I was thinking in my head was "you do the work."  To me it means I have to do the work and keep pressing forward, having faith in the future and knowing the best is yet to come.  It means I have to let go of grudges, ill feelings, past hurts and whatever other baggage I'm carrying around. 

I think this is the beautiful thing about the new year!  You get a clean slate, of 12 months, to do things better, brighter or just a little bit different.  I'm excited about the fresh start 2013 provides and I'm even more excited that whatever happened in 2012 gets to stay in 2012!

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season