It's Almost Partay Time!!!

Get excited folks it's almost that time of year to pop open the bubbly, kiss at midnight and in general have an amazing time!  I am one of the few people that happens to heart New Years Eve and I will tell you why tomorrow. 

Today is all about the beauty for me!  Before I put on my party dress and dancing shoes tomorrow I am taking some time to pamper myself.  Below are some of my favorite beauty products that I use on a regular basis.  I am using the majority of them tonight in preparation for all the fun tomorrow.

I hope you are taking today to rest before all the fun starts tomorrow and I hope no matter what your plans you are safe and with the ones you love!

1.  Vaseline (ok stay with me for a second here) is probably the cheapest and most under utilized beauty product out there.  You can use it to put on your cucticles, under your eyes and some people even coat their faces with it at night to combat wrinkles.  I have never tried wearing it all over my face at night but give me a few years and I just might :)

A few months ago I discovered that Vaseline had gotten even more amazing and was now available in tins!  On top of that there was Vaseline with SPF protection and my personal favorite vaseline lip therapy with rose and almond oil.  I ordered all the "flavors" and use them religiously! 

Check them out on amazon.com and you won't be sorry!

2.  Purpose Soap is a personal long time favorite of mine.  When I was in high school my dermatologist told me about it and while I have tried other washes I normally always come back to Purpose.  It is extremely gentle and great if you have problem skin (acne, redness, dryness etc.) 

It use to only be available in the bar form but lucky for us Johnson & Johnson made it in the pump form.  If you are looking for a gentle cleanser you can use for a lifetime you are in luck! 

The other amazing thing is that you can find it at any grocery or drug store and it is normally under $5!  I love a great deal and a great product.



3.  Crabtree and Evelyn 

Ok question folks am I the only one still shopping at crabtree and evelyn?  I hope not!!

I have been obsessed with C and E since middle school when my signature scent was Summer Hill and they had a store in Gwinnett Place Mall.  Today I do most of my shopping on their website.  The product I order over and over again is the Gardeners Ultra Moisturizing Hand Remedy.  It is so soothing and I use it during the winter on my feet and elbows too. 


My other go to product is the lavender bath and shower gel.  I actually love all their lavender bath products but this is the one I cannot live without!  After an awful day soaking in a bath with the lavender bath gel will make everything better (well maybe not everything but you will feel and smell a hell of a lot better).


4.  Trish McEvoy "Irresistible" Lip Gloss Duo

I absolutely love, love this lip gloss duo!  There are several reasons why the first being every time I go to Nordstrom to pick it up the Robert Palmer song "Simply Irresistible" plays in my head for the rest of they day



The truly amazing thing about this lip gloss is that it is long lasting (which for a gloss is saying a lot) and super duper shiny!  I mean this stuff shines so much that other women will comment on your lip gloss and ask you what it is.  I like the duo (because you can combine them and create different colors) but you can order them in singles as well.  I wear them all the time and I promise you will love them. 
\

5.  La Mer

Ok, ok, ok so I know La Mer is ridiculously expensive and most people don't even bother to try it or stop at the counter because of that and I get it.  What I will tell you is that you get what you pay for and it is expensive because it works! 

The only product I use on a regular basis is the eye concentrate and it packs a punch!  It erases dark circles and fine lines like nothing else I have tried (and I have tried tons of under eye creams).  It especially works on dark circles or "my tired eyes" as I like to call them. 

The other great thing about La Mer is if you splurge and buy one product they hook you up with samples galore at the counter and even let you pick the samples you want! 

I use my eye concentrate sparingly and it can last me up to 9 months.  Next time you are at the mall swing by the La Mer counter and ask for some samples, you wont be sorry!


6.  Cilea

So like most people when I heard about Latisse (the product that makes your lashes thicker and longer) I jumped all over it!  I have pretty long lashes but they are thin.  Before my wedding I used Latisse and was super happy with the outcome. 

After my wedding I just couldn't justify paying for the Latisse anymore so you can imagine my elation when I stumbled across Cilea!  It is cheaper than Latisse and I have had amazing results with it. 

Cilea basically makes your lashes thicker and longer and for some reason I can make this product last a lot longer than others.  If you are interested in thickening up your lashes but don't want to spend a ton of cash than this is the product for you!

Comments

  1. When I was 17 I was a personal assistant to this lady that was loaded and used la mer and I would slather it all over my face when she was out of town. (I also wore her Gucci shoes to high school...good times) I've been too cheap to try it, but you may have talked me into it. I recently discovered a love for vaseline! I bootlegged some retin a from Canada and desperately needed something, anything since I was drying out like a maniac.

    I'm a Buxom lip gloss convert and let me just add to your list that after trying EVERY eye shadow out there, Urban Decay rocks it out and I'll never buy anything else. Try their Naked palette (and Naked 2 just came out woohoo!). Happy New Year Bert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love it! Am dying that you wore her Gucci's to high school. I am absolutely going to try urban decay..thanks for the tip. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

Old School Calendar