Weekend Round Up

Happy Day this and thatters!  Are you almost ready for NYE?!  I have lots of shopping to do today but will be ready for NYE in no time.  

I hope you and yours had an excellent 2014 and are gearing up for any even better year in 2015!  You all mean so much to me and my hope and prayer is that 2015 is the best and brightest for you yet.  

xoxo


1.  We had a great weekend but a busy one!  I had one of my best friends and her daughters over for lunch.  Her mom and her aunt came as well as we bought our house from her aunt (it really is a small world).  I totally meant to take pictures of my table because I loved the way it looked but I didn't get around to it:(  

I served chicken salad sammies on croissants (always a good choice), Ina Garten's Feta Couscous Salad and then a big green salad with goat cheese, pecans and pears.  I also made Ina Garten's champagne vinaigrette and it was delicious.  The links to Ina's recipes are below.

Click here!

Click here!

I also served lemonade, water and white wine.  It was such a fun day with tons of special memories made! 





2.  I had cabin fever bad after hosting the holidays and being at home so much this past week.  I packed Em up and we headed to Atlanta for a little girls day.  

I drove Emily past some of the houses the hubs is building or remodeling.  She was pretty funny as she would point out the window and say "ooohh".  Haha!  Then I drove her around to see some of the pretty decorations people still had up. 

Then we went to whole foods and both had a blast.  She loved seeing all the bright lights and colorful food.  I was excited that they had fresh dates, a sommelier in the wine section and tons of yummy samples.  

Finally we went to Neimans to meet some friends for lunch.  We got there a bit early so I did some browsing and my independent gal is so over the stroller.  So I let her out and she did pretty good holding my hand but there was an incident when she was running around the cosmetic counters, ha!  She thought me chasing her was a game.  Luckily a sweet lady at the Tom Ford counter caught her, haha!  

We had a great lunch at Neiman Marcus Cafe with friends and then headed home!  









3.  The hubs and I have started talking about our New Years resolutions.  Like everyone we want to be more healthy and happy.  I think those are amazing resolutions.  I love the idea of New Years because it gives you a clean slate.  As I get older though I'm fascinated with keeping the goal.  The commitment it takes to actually stick with something is huge.  

It's always easy to start something but it is truly hard to complete the task.  Whatever the hubs and I decide our resolutions are I hope we can actually stick with them not only for ourselves but for each other.  

Happy New Year this and thatters!  I send you lots of love, sparkle and champagne on this fun holiday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

The Power of Positive Thinking