The Shit I Should Have Learned By Now....

Sorry for the cursy title but it just fit :)

I'm gonna tell you that I hope I'm not alone here but there is some shit I should have learned by now that I haven't.  I started making a list of these items the other day and it was pretty astounding. 

The list isn't rocket science but more common sense, every day things people have told me for years.  I am trying to be better and actually do these things but they aren't easy...for me anyway. 

1.  Always Carry Cash

This is something that my dad has told me for years and I have to confess he is right!  The minute I don't have cash I need to pay for parking, tip someone or pay for food and guess what I don't have it.  It is very annoying.  I am trying to follow this rule and have been going to the ATM every Sunday to start off the week on the right foot.  I will let you know how long it lasts.....

2.  Leave 15 Minutes Early

Living in the ATL this is the most important rule to live by.  Traffic is unpredictable and often heavy so giving yourself more time to get where you need to go is not only practical but also will help you keep your sanity.  Sadly I don't follow this rule and end up late to wherever I am going not to mention the road rage I experience when trying to get to my location. 

So I am building travel time into my calendar appointments and really trying to stay on top of leaving 15 minutes early to give myself more time.  This is especially hard in the morning as I love to sleep but I am really trying.

3.  You Are Never Too Busy To Say Your Prayers and Read Your Bible

This is another lesson my parents taught me and I haven't been so great about following lately.  I can remember going to sleep as a child and being so tired I could barely keep my eyes open but my parents would always say, "say your prayers".  So I would.  To this day I fall asleep praying most nights and that is pretty comforting to me.  I have to tell you as an adult I don't often spend as much time studying the Bible as I use too.  I am working to change that.

I am trying to pray and read my Bible in the morning and at night because it does provide me with incredible comfort and guidance.   And let's be honest if I can make the time to watch all the crappy TV I do I can find some time to spend with God each morning and night. 


4.  Carry Comfortable Shoes

As long as I can remember my mother and everyone have told me to bring along a pair of comfortable shoes.  This is because I normally wear sky high heels and let's be honest after 8 hours (ok 4 hours) they ain't comfortable.  So I am normally barefoot in my office for part of the day resting my tired soles. 

In an effort to be more responsible and take care of my tootsies there are a pair of cute, comfy flats in my car for those times when I need to put on flats and relax.   It is actually comforting to know they are there if I need them (pun intended).


So these are the small things I'm doing to try and make my life less frantic, crazy and stressful.  They are small steps but important ones and I am praying I can keep it up.  xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season