It's The First Of The Month

I remember back in the day when the first of the month was a happy time!  It always made me think of that bone thugs n harmony song "it's the first of tha month"  


Now the first of tha month reminds me to pay bills, do laundry, check in with hubs about our investments, collect rental property money and in general be an adult.


I kinda wish it reminded me more of having fun and being free!!  


One thing the first of tha month reminds me of is my do NOT to do list.  I feel like my whole life but especially the first of the month is all about the to do list.   Lately I've started a list of things I won't do, here it is in no particular order,


1.   I will NOT give a shit what people think.  And I really don't.  Love me, hate me, I do not care.  Talk to me about it or deal with it but I am happy with who I am.


2.  I will NOT worry about gaining or losing weight no matter how hard it is.  Gaining and losing weight is part of life.  Yes I wish I was a size 4 but the facts are I'm meant to be a 6 or an 8 and I'm not going to feel bad about it.


3.  I will NOT nag, beat up or wish my husband did something instead of what he actually did. What I will do is remember being single and praying to God for my husband.  I will thank God for answering my prayers and remember that my husband was worth the wait.  He is the man I waited for, the man I prayed for and the man I want to be with for the rest of my life.  


4.  I will NOT wish I was in a different place in my career.  Instead I will thank God for answering my prayers.  For years and years I prayed to be in the position that I'm in and now I'm here so I will be thankful for it.  I am so happy and blessed to have the job I have.


5.  Finally I will NOT wish to be better, stronger, prettier, smarter, more articulate or better at anything than I am today.  I will love and appreciate myself for what and who I am today.

Good luck on your first of tha month and your NOT to do list!!


xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

Old School Calendar