Thank God For Country Boys

I've spent some time in the South GA recently otherwise known as SOGA.  I always love getting out of the city and heading to the country for many reasons including real sweet tea, fried chicken, boiled peanuts, dirt roads, miller high life ponies, trucks, good manners, striplings jerky etc.  


I could forever list why I love getting out of Atlanta but I won't bore you with the details.  On my way home (from SOGA) as I passed men in their pick up trucks heading off for a hard days work I got to thinking about country boys and what makes them so great.  For the record I have always loved country boys.  I dated all shapes and sizes of boys before I got married but I always loved the truck driving, whiskey drinking, waylon lovin, deer hunting boys whose mama raised them right.  


I love how the South and particularly the country teaches boys to be real men.  I love that it teaches them to be a man's man (I can't stand a wimpy guy), to stand up for themselves, to have nice manners, to drive a stick shift, to shoot a gun and in general be the type of men our grandfather's were.  


I have to tell you that I married a country boy with all the fixins-the cute accent, the pick up trip and the manners (and he will be mortified by this post but that's ok).  My husband, like most country boys, can be stubborn, selfish, not the best cook and not the best listener but I'm ok with that.  His good qualities far outweigh his bad.   


He really is my favorite thing about the country......





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season