Working Girl Rules: The College Dream

Happy Sunday this and thatters!  How are you doing on this beautiful day?  I hope all my FLA friends and family are taking the proper precautions against Isaac and if you haven't please do so!



I am in my office today trying to catch up on some of the work I missed while I was in and out last week.  I actually like coming into the office during the weekend (I know I'm a dork) because it is quiet and I can get a ton done in a pretty short amount of time.  The phone isn't ringing, people aren't stepping into my office and I can fully focus on the tasks at hand.  I'm a huge dork I know :)

This morning as I was driving into my office I realized that I had "the college dream" almost every night this week.  This is a reoccurring dream I've had for 10 years that takes on different variations but the net, net is I either don't have enough credits to graduate, forget I registered for a class and therefore can't graduate, don't study for a final, study all the wrong things for a final or register for more than 18 hours of classes and can't get to them all. 



"The college dream" is my way of knowing that I am under stress and while externally and consciously I think I am managing it well subconsciously I obviously am not.  I mentioned this to my dad and he told me that he has a similar dream but his is that he is on the graduation stage about to accept his diploma and the President of the University tells him he doesn't have enough credits.  This is absurd, as he said, given that my father had something like 200 plus hours when he graduated. 

The hubs confesses to having the same dream.  Are we alone here people?  Or do you have it as well?  I long ago realized that the best way to tackle stress and it's lovely derivative anxiety is to handle the situation head on.  Hence me being in the office on a Sunday. 

No one is making me be here in fact if my boss had any clue I was here she would more than likely demand I go home....she is a peach and truly deserves her on blog post.  I tell her often but not often enough what an amazing manager/mentor she is.  I thank God every day that she saw and continues to see something in me that I wasn't aware of until recently.  She truly is the butter to my bread and I could go on and on about her but I won't (not today at least). 

This week I have thought about (and praised God) many times that I work somewhere that understands having a personal life and things going awry.  Not every job would be as concerned that my grandfather died (and to be honest calling Pete just my grandfather seems to minimize what he was to me, that's another blog post all together).  Everyone at my office has been amazingly supportive and asked what they can do and told me to take my time. 

They have said all the right things "I know how close you were to him."  "I know he was more to you than just a grandfather." etc.

Coming here and getting organized is something that I do for me.  I will feel better this afternoon/tonight when the Sunday scaries try to creep in that I am well prepared for the week.  I am also hoping it helps cure my nocturnal college dreamin! 

xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season