Keep Watch

How are my sweet readers today?

I am exhausted mentally and emotionally.  If you have read my entry "sad season" you know this has been a hard year for me.  It has been a year punctuated by acute sadness and the loss of many people I love. 

This week my family and I are facing the daunting task of caring for my grandfather who is experiencing multiple organ failure, pneumonia and a heart attack.  These past two days seem like they have lasted a week and I am frankly shocked today is only Wednesday.

I am in the office today trying to get caught up and get some things done before I go back to be with my grandfather.  I opened up my daily devotional today and the title was Keep Watch (which seems rather appropriate given the circumstances).  The bible verse for today was "Stay here and keep watch."  Mark 14:34. 

I feel like that is what we are doing right now for my grandfather.  We are staying close and keeping watch and trying to provide comfort.  I think this might be one of the hardest experiences I have ever been through to watch someone I love dearly in the final stages of life. 

I pray that he feels God's comfort, that he feels the many prayers that are being prayed for him, that he is unaware of what is truly occuring.  I pray that his mind is full of happy times, good memories and loved ones.  I pray that he knows we are staying close and keeping watch. 

I am beyond thankful for everyone's kind words, well wishes and prayers.  I am beyond thankful for a family who supports each other, is there for each other and has offered amazing comfort. 

I am truly, truly thankful for a grandfather who always made me laugh, taught me how to drive, sang silly songs with me in the ocean, played endless amounts of card games with me, always made me feel special and loved me unconditionally. 

Comments

  1. Oh Caroline. Pete hasn't left my mind since I heard the news earlier this week. There is truly nothing sadder than saying goodbye to someone that you love. Especially someone like Petie! When you go back to him today, please tell him that Beautiful Katie loves him very, very much!!

    I wish I was there to give you and your family a hug and a kiss. I love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season