Working Girl Rules: Do The Thing You Never Thought You Would Do

How are the working girls this week?!

I have been busy at my normal every day job and also helping out the hubs with his business venture, Cool-Cat (www.coolcatpro.com)

In my wildest dreams I never thought I would work with my hubs.  I love the hubs beyond words but us working together wasn't something I envisioned.  We get along so well, probably because we are so much alike, so I worried we would butt heads.  

Truth be told...WE HAVE, WE DO and WE  WILL!  Ha!  

We disagree because sometimes we look at the same issue and feel differently or we disagree about how to tackle the issue/problem/opportunity altogether.  I will say it again I never thought I would work with my spouse so I haven't been prepared for how it can impact all areas of your relationship.

At some point we had to have a big discussion about boundaries!  And at some point we just had to have a discussion.  My dad gives me the best advice in business and relationships, his tip "communicate, communicate and then communicate some more."  His point being that sometimes you think you are being clear and concise, when in reality you aren't, so keep talking until everyone is on the same page.

So during football games, dinners out, baby showers, our everyday real jobs we talked, and then we talked and we even talked some more.  We decided that together we are a really great team but instead of throwing out tasks to each other we had to be clear and organized about our plans for Cool-Cat, our marriage and our future.

See everything was getting confused and overlapping.  Was I mad because he forgot to take out the trash?  Or was I really made that he paid a vendor that I didn't think should have been paid yet?  See how it could get interesting/complicated/crazy?!

So we sat down, created boundaries and organization (what I have to have to not only thrive but survive) and now things are running smoothly...better than smoothly actually!  I'm loving my real every day job and having the best time being a partner, co-creator, jack of all trades at Cool-Cat!

It might not be for everyone but I love a challenge and I always love doing the thing I never thought I would do :)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

I'm Jealous Of My Husband

At Home Facial Favs