Because Life Isn't Always Happy

How are all my readers today?!

Don't let the title of this post throw you off…completely!  I have to tell you that I thought about posting on this topic for a while but I haven't, but I think it's time.

The topic is multi-faceted about laughter and hard times.  About the people that can make you laugh and cry!  I was as moved as you all were when Robin Williams died and now feel the same way that Joan Rivers is dead.  

For some reason these stars are extra special to me!  Maybe because I feel like I know them..do y'all feel that way?  I grew up with them and they are woven into the fabric of my pop culture psyche.  

It makes me sad to know they are no longer with us but it reminds me of one of life's most important lessons….the times we have here aren't always happy.  Sometimes life is very hard, and painful, and ugly.  No one really tells you about those times do they?  They tell you about the good, happy times.  No one posts crying pictures on Facebook or Instagram because none of us really want to remember or embrace those times but honestly we should.  

None of us really grow or change or become better people when everything is ok.  None of us become who God wants us to be when we are getting a pedicure or having cocktail hour. We become who we were meant to be when we are authentic and honest.  And what is more authentic and honest than the hard times?

A preacher once told me that in this life we will constantly be lost, found or trapped.  He told me to take heart because no matter where you are (lost or trapped) you will be found again.  He told me this when I was 22 and not a week goes by that I don't hold onto that.  

Sometimes life isn't happy and sometimes I'm lost, trapped, mad at my husband, angry at my waistline and unsatisfied with the dinner I cooked but you know what life goes on.  There is tomorrow for me to do better or maybe do different.  There are laughs that I meant to laugh and so are you.  There are things that I will always be bad at and things I will always be good at and that's ok.  

I try to remember what Joan Rivers and Robin Williams would want me to do and to be candid God…they would want me to try and find the funny in life's very unfunny moments.  They would want me to be nice to myself and those around me.  They would want me to be thankful for the day I've been given and live it to the fullest.  

So on the never ending days I try to remember to laugh!  To put Emily in her bath tub and let her play a little bit longer.  To hold her a little bit longer before bed, to kiss Matt a lot longer before bed.  Because let's be honest even on our worst days we are all beyond blessed.  

I love you to the moon and back this and thatters!

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

The Power of Positive Thinking