The Confessional

How are my favorites today?!

I hope your week is flying by and you enjoy this edition of the confessional.

xoxo


1.  I have about 60 Golden Girls episodes on my DVR.  The hubs asks about them from time to time but recently has stopped, ha!  I think he knows they are there for life.  I love Golden Girls so much.  It reminds me of growing up!  On Saturday nights Golden Girls and Empty Nest would come on and I would watch both with my mom while we waited on my sister to get home (she was 4 years older I swear I'm not a complete loser).  

I have seen every episode about 20 times but I don't care.  There is something about Golden Girls that can make me happy and instantly put me in a better mood!


2.  I hoard certain magazines.  Do you ever read a magazine and almost every article speaks to you?  I keep those magazines sometimes for a very abnormal amount of time.  I didn't exactly realize how bad it was until we moved.  I did some serious sorting but it is starting to happen again.  During the sorting I found a Real Simple from 2005, WTF?!  

Right now I've been rereading the January issue of Cooking Light.  I literally have been carrying it around and rereading or plotting dinners when I have a free minute.  It is sooo good!  I literally want to make every recipe in the magazine.


3.  I have started LOVING my sleep again.  After Em was born I always slept light, with one ear open and didn't love it like I use too.  As she's getting older and as I'm realizing she sleeps like me at night (like the dead) I've been able to relax.  Lately, I have been back on the sleep train.  I am going to bed early and sleeping in when I can.  When Em naps, I'm napping!  It is so nice and makes me so happy.



4.  I know that the hubs and I are the absolute last people to the party but we recently got Netflix and I'm truly obsessed.  We have been Watching House of Cards every, single night.  We are almost through Season 2 and Season 3 cannot come fast enough.  If you are looking for a good show to watch with your hubs, watch this one!  We normally don't watch TV together with the exception of Homeland and Mad Men but House of Cards has us glued to the tube each night!


5.  Guilt.  I'm starting to make my peace with guilt and face it head on.  I thought I knew guilt but then I had a child (and went back to work) and guilt became my constant companion.  Guilt is self-imposed and not productive 99.9% of the time.  I believe there is rational guilt (I ran over a squirrel etc.) and non-rational guilt (I shouldn't spend 30 minutes running because that's 30 min I could be with Em).  

I've started talking back to the guilt, I've started telling it that 30 minutes is nothing!   It quiets the guilt (I also truly believe my mediation/headspace is helping a lot).  I'm not saying it's easy but I won't hide from it anymore.  Guilt and I are going to have some direct conversations!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

The Power of Positive Thinking