Can I Wear My Wedding Dress To That?

How are all my fabulous readers today?  Am I the only person doing back flips because it is Friday?!  Yesterday was one of the busiest days of my life and I'm glad the weekend is almost here.

I have a question for some of you out there; do you ever get sad that you won't wear your wedding dress again?  I do. 




I love my wedding dress as I'm sure every gal does.  It is a cliche but I knew the minute I found my dress, it was the first one I picked up and I knew this was the dress I wanted to marry Matt in.  It was all lace and had a pretty long train.  I just loved how it felt on and how special it made my feel.



Lots of people asked me if I planned to change my dress before our reception, because the train of the dress was a bit long, and I said absolutely not!   (This is a pic of my sweet, patient mother getting that long train bustled before the reception.)





I wanted to wear my dress as long as I could.  By the end of our reception I was pretty hot and sweaty from lugging my heavy dress around but I didn't care.  When I took my dress off that night I got so sad because I knew I probably wouldn't put it on again.  

I took my dress to get professionaly cleaned and it took them a LONG time.  When I got it back the man told me "You can't open the box."  I was flabbergasted!  "Why can't I open the box?"  His irritated response "Because I have restored the dress to museum quality and if you open it you will ruin what I have done and it will turn yellow."

Obviously I am not the only person who asks this because he had his responses down pat.  I kept pushing him "What if I only open it for a minute?"  The now angry cleaner "NO!!"  All I could think on the way home is what a turd!

It makes me sad that the most beautiful dress I own sits in a box in a closet.  Sometimes when I am asked to events I wonder to myself can I wear my wedding dress to that?  Unfortunately the answer is always no and the hubs looks at my like I have totally lost it! 



I've often thought of having a party and calling it One More Time and letting all my friends wear their special dresses one more time.  Sadly my dress would probably be halfway unzipped but of no consquence :)

So I guess my only option is to look at pictures of my dress and hope one day the answer to can I wear my wedding dress to that will be YES! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season