Make Up Bag Must Haves

As I was digging around in my make up bag this week getting ready for work I started thinking about my can't live without make-up items.  I thought to myself if I had to throw everything away but five items what would those five items be? 

As you might imagine my make up runneth over so this was a hard game!  I did come up with my favorite go to items and was a bit surprised by them.  Below are my make up bag must haves! 

1.  Garnier Anit-Dark Circle Eye Roller

Like every gal I have dark circles under my eyes!  I especially have them when I am stressed, haven't gotten enough rest and am working too hard so basically I have them all the time :)  I don't want to load concealer under my eyes either because I feel like that doesn't look natural.  I have found the answer in Garnier's Anit-Dark Circle Eye Roller!  A little bit goes a long way but it really works on my dark circles and if they aren't too bad I don't even need to put concealer on top.



2.  Nars Pro Prime Pore Refining Primer

So I've always been kinda lukewarm on primers.  I can take them or leave them really!  I was telling a gal at Sephora this and she looked at me like I had grown a third eye.  "You like have to use a primer" she said to me.  I gave her the eye roll and then told her to find me the best one she had.  She brought me the Nars Pore Refining Primer and I have been obsessed ever since.  If you have visible pores (and who doesn't)  this is the primer for you!  It goes on very light but does an amazing job of concealing pores.




3.  Nars Laguna Bronzer

While we were in the Nars section the valley girl I mean Sephora sales gal asked me if I use bronzer.  Again I'm kinda on the fence about bronzer.  I never really have understand how and when to use it.  And frankly I don't want to end up looking like someone from the Jersey Shore.  Have no fear the Sephora gal gave me a quick lesson and made me a quick devotee.  I am obsessed with my Laguna Bronzer!



4.  MAC Lip Pencil in Plum

I am obsessed with a good lip pencil.  For most of my life I have used L'Oreal's lip pencil in nude.  Literally I have used it since high school and believe me there is one sitting in my make up bag right now. 





I decided that I should probably branch out and try a different lip pencil.  I found my saving grace in MAC's plum lip pencil!  I absolutely love it.  It is such a great pinky, brown but it can also be worn under red lipstick.  It is by far my favorite lip pencil to date!




5.  Clinque's Baby Kiss Lipstick

I adore clinique!  Something about going to the clinique counter reminds me of high school.  I have to stop myself from buying the three step system and the black honey almost lipstick every time I go. 

I wandered over to clinique in search of a great, long lasting, every day lipstick.....I know I'm looking for the holy grail.   But I found clinique's amazing long lasting lipstick in baby kiss and I love it!  It is the perfect shade of pink, moisturizing and long lasting....what more can you ask for?!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season