Working Girl Rules: Believe In Yourself

The second working girl rule just might be my favorite one :)  Some people may not think that believing in yourself will help you succeed at work but I totally disagree. 

Finding your voice and then speaking your truth is one of the best ways to get ahead in business.  Early in my career I would be too afraid to speak up because of my age or because maybe my idea was dumb but mostly because I didn't believe in myself.  I would then share that idea with someone to get their thoughts and they would take is as their own.  It was beyond frustrating.  Finally I decided it was time to believe in myself and speak up. 

Believing in yourself also means having the confidence to handle things you might not think you can.  My extremely wise and perceptive boss always tells me "you must do the thing you think you cannot do" Eleanor Roosevelt originally said that so you know it's good advice! 



Facing a huge obstacle at work can make you want to runaway or pass on the hot potato to someone else.  I encourage you not to do that but to face the challenge head on and believe in yourself.  Overcoming something that you thought was impossible will only help you gain confidence.

Finally there are going to be people who put you down and frankly don't want you to believe in yourself because they are intimated.  These people will be your biggest obstacle throughout your career for one reason or another.  Don't empower these people and don't listen to them. 

Listen to your gut and know that you are worth believing in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

Old School Calendar