Journals

Do you keep a journal? 

I have always kept one on and off.  One reason I started this blog is that I could keep an account of what was going on in my life. 

Yesterday in between cleaning, cooking and getting ready for the week I unearthed my journal.  I have been keeping this one for about six years.  It was amazing to go back and read all the things that have changed or happened.

For several years I prayed that God would send me the right man and to read my thoughts on the subject from years ago was amazing.  It made me appreciate the hubs all over again.  For years I wrote about wanting to have not just a wedding but a marriage and not just a husband but a partner and I thank God he answered my prayers.

I struggle with a lot of the same issues now that I did back in 2006.  These challenges range from having proper boundaries with people, to making time for myself, to being good to myself, to not allowing others to impact how I feel.  I was amazed at all the hard work I had done and it made me realize I needed to get back to it.

Yesterday I spent about an hour journaling.  I was extremely thorough because some of my previous entries left me wondering what happened, ha!  It was so long ago I can't remember.  It was extremely therapeutic to put pen to paper and let my thoughts and feelings flow.  It gave me a renewed sense of self and connected me to who I really am in a way writing can only do (for me at least). 

I realized that I have come really far in some aspects but that in others I still struggle.  I wonder if we are meant to have certain issues follow us through life or if at some point they fall away and are replaced by new ones.  I wonder if the strength we gain from these experiences is the silver lining that we should be looking for during the struggle. 

What I do know is that this fall one of the things I will be doing for myself is reading and writing in my journal.  If you've never tried it you really should.  It is a life changing experience.

Enjoy your weekend and stay tuned for my post on prayer/meditation :)  This and that is deep this week, ha!

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season