Slow It Down

How are all my favorites today?

How amazing is this fall weather?!  I am loving it so much.  I have been sleeping with the windows open and sporting light jackets to the office....I LOVE FALL.

Sadly I took another kind of fall that has left me in a walking boot for the next three weeks. 



Don't be jealous you know how cute my boot is!  Haha



Long story short I was helping out at a golf tournament and a golf cart went off the path.  In trying to get it back on the cart path it somehow landed on my foot causing me to break two toes and fracture part of my foot.....lovely!  And I wasn't drinking.  Everyone keeps asking me that and I was stone cold sober.  I did however partake afterwards to try and ease the pain.  :) 

So I will be in a fashionable boot for the next three weeks until the doc decides what to do with me!  It is a bit difficult to maneuver but I am just glad not to be in crutches.  Being in this boot has slowed me down in more than one sense. 

I normally walk quickly to try and get to where I need to be as fast as possible but I can't do that right now.  I am pretty much like a turtle.....slow and steady wins the race!  Also, people keep stopping me and offering sympathy which is very nice (or asking to hear how the heck this happened).

My mom even said "maybe this will help you slow down."  Well, as always, she is right because so far I am walking, driving, and moving a lot slower.  Right now there are no more long runs to sooth me or cute high heels to stomp around in.  It is just me limping slowly around and trying to heal. 

I think this is having an impact on my mind set as well (which is what I think my mom really meant) because I'm not in such a hurry these days.  I can't walk or go any faster so it gives me time to look around me and be a bit calmer about getting from A to B.  I'm not in control of this situation so I have to let go and let God. 

Like most things this year I am going to make lemonade from lemons and learn something from this less than desirable experience.  I'm going to go at my own pace, take my time and be calm.  I'm not going to rush myself or get mad that I can't go about my normal business.  I am going to take this experience for what it is and hope that in a few short weeks I will be in some cute shoes again!  :)

Most of all I'm not going to let the fact that everything isn't perfect or going according to my plan disrupt me living or being happy.  I'm just going to keep moving forward (at a slow and steady pace) and live each day as gracefully as I can. 

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

Old School Calendar