Draft

Happy Day This and Thatters!  How are you?

I was reviewing some of the posts I've written and noticed that I had 13 posts in the draft section of this blog.  As I went to review them I realized why they were still in there :)

See I often get inspired and will write two and three posts at a time.  I often save them and space them out.  That's why sometimes I'm asking you about your weekend on a Thursday, I need an editor!!  Some of these posts don't get published because they're deeply personal and I'm not sure I'm ready to put them out there just yet.  Some need more work or thought to them and others need to make their way to the trash can, know what I'm sayin?

Sometimes I wish that life was just like writing and you could keep the drafts in a little box until you were ready for them.  Wouldn't that be lovely?  I often wish I could do this with my big mouth as well.  :) 

Mostly I realize that a girl needs the option to keep something in draft form in her life (or I do any way).  With all the responsibilites and commitments that pull at us each day it's nice to be able to put something to the side for a bit until it's fully developed or realized.  It's nice not to have the pressure of pushing publish right away (for us bloggers).  I think it's good and healthy to take your time and (for me at least) to realize that somethings are better left unsaid.  Or maybe it isn't the right time to say them just yet.

Some of the posts I read are really funny because sometimes I blog while I'm drinking wine (I never publish these until reading them sober).  I say some pretty outlandish things when my guard is down and I cracked up reading those thoughts of mine.  To all of you out there don't blog, fb or text when drinking nothing good ever came of it!  I realize that this is a quote I will say to my child/children one day (hopefully, God willing).  Sadly my dad would always remind me when I was younger "nothing good happens after midnight".  I will be warning my child about the dangers of drinking and social media....that makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone!

For now those posts are going to keep marinating in their draft folder until I am ready to break them out, trash them or edit them.  I am hoping I can take this approach in my day to day life.  That I can realize when something needs to been thrown out, when something is ready to be realized and when it's time to put something on hold.  I pray that I have the wisdom to do this if not today, someday very soon.

xoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season