The Confessional Part Deux

How are all my fabulous readers this week?!

I am gearing up for our last beach vacation of the summer and packing ain't a joke.  Until the sun and fun of Labor Day commences I hope you enjoy my confessions.  

xoxo



1.  Before motherhood I had a super great memory.  Let's be honest before pregnancy I had a super memory.  Now I feel like it takes me a long time to recall even simple things.  I have perpetual lists on my phone, on slips of paper in my purse and I actually send myself emails to remind me of things I need to do.  I hope I'm not alone here!!  Lordy I miss my mind :)

2.  Emily is sassy.  Everyone looks at me and says well of course but truth be told I was shy and quiet until I was 8 years old.  So the sass came later for me but not for her.  I have to tell you I'm kind of happy about the sass.  I think girls need some sassiness nowadays to survive.  I hope I can channel it appropriately and give her the proper tools to use it for good.  I hope I have the patience to do that and let her be herself!

3.  Emily told me she loved me on Sunday.  She actually did it twice.  It was probably one of the most special moments of my whole life.  I don't think I will ever forget it or the way it made me feel.  Motherhood isn't always easy but there are moments that will truly change you for the better.  I am so grateful for those moments. 

4.  I love to shop.  I mean what girl doesn't!  But I shop a lot when I feel like I'm not in control of situations.  The hubs can always tell when I'm stressed or feeling out of sorts because the UPS man is a constant at our house.  I have to work on that and using purchasing things as a crutch.  It's time and I need to get on it!

5.  I believe in date nights now more than ever.  While it is more work and requires a babysitter and some planning it is so worth it.  I love being alone with the hubs and laughing and catching up.  We try not to talk about the baby but inevitably the conversation turns there.  No matter what we do I am so grateful for that alone time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Positive Thinking

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs