Signature Style: Work Attire

Let's be honest getting dressed for work can be about as much fun as putting on a school uniform!  It isn't always my favorite event to dress for and sometimes pulling together cute, professional looking outfits can be a big challenge. 

Luckily I think dressing for work should be fun and should show you personality.  One of the best professional tips I ever got was "present yourself with style."  I love that and I still follow that mantra! 

Here are some of my can't live without items that make up my work wardrobe.

1.  A Great Wedge

If you are working you need to be comfortable.  That isn't to say I don't break out my sky high heels because I do but for the most part I want something that looks good and feels good.  For that reason I love a wedge and own several pairs of them.  Lately though this Elaine Turner Wedge has become my favorite.  It goes with everything and feels incredible!



2.  A Great Handbag

Let's be honest for most women your purse often times becomes a suitcase.  Sometimes mine is so heavy I feel like my shoulder might fall off.  I love a great, functional bag that has some structure and can hold a ton of stuff.   I am loving the one below and the great pop of color!




3.  A Great Dress

I love wearing dresses to work!  Mostly because I am lazy, they are comfortable and it is easy to create a pulled together look with a dress.  I especially think every gal should have a great black dress as well as a great wrap dress in their wardrobe.  I wear my black wrap dress all the time!  Sometimes with boots and tights and other times with heels either way it is a great professional look.



4.  Blazers

To be honest I really don't wear suits that much anymore.  I still have them and will pull them out from time to time but prefer to wear blazers with different pants, skirts and tops and mix it up a bit.  I love a great fitting blazer with a bold pop of color!







5.  Twist On A Classic

I love wearing a classic piece but with a bit of edge.  I adore a black skirt and black in general but I love color!  I think people don't wear enough color at work :)   I adore this skirt and wear it all the time with a fun pink cardigan or a denim shirt and a belt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season