What's On My Nightstand

How are all the book worms doing this week?  I have to admit I am really glad this week is over.  I feel like I had a case of the Mondays all week. 

I did a lot of reading this week in an effort to escape the mass chaos that is work!  Here are some of my favorite reads as of late.  Enjoy!

1.  The Swan House

If you live in the South and especially if you live in Atlanta you will love this book!  It is a great story about Atlanta in the 1960s and I loved recognizing places and streets in the book.  Even if you aren't from the South you will love, love this novel.





2.  American Wife

I love Curtis Sittenfield!  She also wrote the book Prep and if you haven't read it I highly recommend it.  American Wife is loosely based off Laura Bush's life and tells the story of the First Lady in a unique and interesting way. 





3.  Art Of Make Up

So this isn't your traditional reading and it also stays in my bathroom and not on my nightstand but it is a must read!  I love this book because it gives you amazing make up tips like how to put on false lashes etc.  It also gives you step by step instructions on how to do a red lip for example or a smoky eye.  I adore this book and you will too!




4.  Black Heels To Tractor Wheels

If you are looking for a great, easy, fun read than this is your book!  It is the story of how the Pioneer Woman met her Marlboro Man and I just loved it.  It is a great vacation or beach read!




5.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society

Don't let the strange name fool you this is a great book!!  It follows a cast of characters who love to read and have a truly remarkable friendship as well.  This is a page turner and I highly recommend it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season