What's On My Nightstand

I love to read!  There I said it and you can call me a dork and a book worm....I'm ok with that.  I have always liked to read but I really love it now that I'm an "adult".  (I use the term adult loosely). 

The hubs thinks it's crazy that I read several books at one time and will be halfway through one book and pick up another and start reading it.  It makes him a little nuts that I can do that but I am a ferocious reader. 

It is my way to escape, wind down and be entertained.  My nightstand is always crammed full of books that I am reading or about to read.  Below are a few of my latest and greatest reads. 

1.  Girls In White Dresses

Is absolutely hilarious!  It is a great book about those after college years and the transition to adulthood.  I laughed out loud throughout the book.  If you are looking for a fun read this is your book!


2.  Fireworks Over Toccoa

Ok I loved, loved this book!  It is a great story about love, following your heart and your truth.  I also love to read and support Georgia authors.  If you are looking for a book to tug at your heart strings and make you remember a simpler time I highly recommend this one.



3.  Fall of the House of Zeus

Is a highly political read so you have been warned.  It is the story of Dickie Scruggs, the most successful plaintiff's lawyer to date, and his rise and then eventual fall.  There are a lot of characters in the book and you sometimes lose track of all the players but the plot will keep you reading.  If you are want to read about money, politics and corruption at its finest than this is the book for you!



4.  The End of Normal

Is a peek behind the curtain of the Madoff scandal.  It is written by Mark Madoff's wife (he unfortunately took his own life in wake of the scandal) and gives you behind the scenes insight into how the Madoff scheme tore apart the family.  I read this book in two days it was so gripping.  It is a bit sad (as you might expect) but a great read about greed, family, love and hope. 



5.  The Georgetown Ladies Social Club

Is a great and riveting story about the women behind the men.  It gives you a glimpse behind the iron curtain of D.C.'s social hierarchy.  I loved this book and have actually read it several times.  If you are looking for an all around great read I highly recommend this book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season