Around The House

I LOVE A LONG WEEKEND!! 

I have loved this holiday weekend so much.  I have done some much needed cleaning around the house that has included flipping mattresses.  Did you know you are not only suppose to flip your mattress over/onto a new side but you should also rotate it so that your head is where your feet where?  Does that make any sense?? 

Anywho suffice it to say my house is shining like a new penny and I'm as happy as Monica Geller at this moment!  Am I the only person who misses Friends soo much?!


All this organizing gave me a great idea .....my favorite, can't live without around the house items!

1.  Octagon Soap

Is amazing at getting out all stains, discoloring etc. from clothing, sheets and bath mats!  I have used Octagon for years and years.  I do carry tide sticks or shout wipes when I am on the go but I never worry because I always know Octagon will do the job when I get home.  If you have pets and/or kids this bar of soap is a must!  I just use a toothbrush, a little water and Octagon on any stain (Geez I am Monica Geller today).


2.  Archipelago Botanicals Candle (Excursion Collection) in Kashmir Scent

I'm over the moon for these candles!!  I love burning candles whenever I am home but have struggled with finding a scent that isn't too strong or smells just right.  When I found these candles I knew I hit the jackpot.  They have a wonderful scent (just a hint of vanilla) and last a very long time.  I buy them in bulk and burn them all the time. 




3.  One Kings Lane

Is a great site for all the things for the home!  They feature discounted sheets, candles, pictures, coffee tables books etc.  I have found great throws and pillows on this site as well!  Amazing designer items are on super sale and you will get hooked immediately. 



4.  Ballard's Basic Pillow Covers

So I am constantly changing up the pillows on our couches!  Truth be told I am not over the moon about our couches but the hubs had just bought them before we met, they are in good shape and frankly I will live until I can buy what I want.  So in an effort to make them more mine I shopped and shopped for some great pillows.  I found the answer to my problems at Ballard's!  When I spotted the apple green velvet pillows with a white monogram I knew I had found them :)  I ordered them right away with a W on them and have never looked back.  They are super soft and add a little something extra to our den. 



5.  Uncorked Glass

Are amazing wine and drinking glasses made from wine bottles.  These are my favorite glasses we own.  I love the size of them and how unique they are.  I love that they come in several colors, shapes and sizes.  Garden and Gun gave them a Made In The South award and I have to say it is well deserved!! 

And I love their great gift idea of surprising the newly weds with a custom made set of wine bottle tumblers from the wine bottles served at their rehearsal dinner, wedding reception or engagement showers! All you have to do is arrange to have the bottles saved and shipped to their address. They can even have them engraved with a personalized message!

http://uncorkedglass.com/




Comments

  1. I love the Ballard pillows in apple green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love those glasses! I am going to have to get some ASAP! I really like the idea of using them as casual/ everyday wine glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season