It's In The Shoes

So my sweet, funny friend from work suggested that I do a posting on shoes!  She knows me very well and I'm actually surprised I haven't done a posting devoted to shoes yet as they are my favorite thing to purchase (so this might only be my first edition of it's in the shoes)!

To demonstrate my deep affinity for shoes I have to tell you a story.  The other night at dinner my best friend's husband asked me "exactly how many pairs of shoes do you have?"
I did some mental counting and then responded to say he was shocked would be putting it mildly.  I then realized (I had a few glasses of wine in me) that he meant in general and I said "oh you mean for spring and summer to0? I only told you for fall and winter."  At this point he looked at the hubs and said "God bless you."  :)

I love that line in the movie In Her Shoes when Toni Collette says "When I feel bad I like to treat myself. Clothes never look any good... food just makes me fatter... shoes always fit."  Haha boy who can't relate to that?! 

Here are some of my favorite can't live without shoes for work and for fun!  Some of them are comfortable and some aren't but beauty is pain people :) 

Enjoy!!

1.   Christian Louboutin

These shoes are definitely a splurge item and they aren't for everyone.  What I will tell you is that every gal should have a great pair of black pumps and a great pair of nude pumps in her wardrobe (no matter the brand) period full stop. 

To date my favorite pair of Christian Louboutins are a nude, platform pair that pretty much go with anything and everything I own!  These aren't exactly built for comfort but they absolutely make a statement.



2.  A Great Pair of Boots

I think you all know by know my great love for cowboy boots so I don't think I need to tell you again :)

I also absolutely love my "riding boots" as well.  I call them "riding boots" because whenever I wear them the hubs asked me if I've bought a horse or am planning to ride a horse to dinner.

He can say whatever he wants because I love, love these boots!  I wear them all the time because they are functional and comfortable.  I think every gal needs a great, comfortable pair of boots.



3.  Hunter Rain Boots

I absolutely love my hunter rain boots!  I keep them in my car year round just in case there is an unexpected down pour.  I love these boots because I don't have to ruin my other shoes and because they look great!  Hunter offers their classic boots but they also have some great leather boots as well.  My favorite Hunter Boots are the Regent St. James.  I can wear these to wear with tights and a sweater dress to work and stay warm and dry on a rainy day.



4.  Tieks

Good lord where have these shoes been all my life?!?!  These are the best find EVER....can you tell I'm excited?  Maybe I'm behind in the times and you've already heard about these but in case you haven't let me introduce you to your new best friend.

Tieks are extremely fashionable, comfortable ballet flats that fold in half!  You can throw them in your bag and pull them out when your heels are killing your feet.  Given I stand on my feet a lot in heels these shoes are a God send. 

Tieks come with a pouch, a reusable tote for your heels and clear pant clips in case you need to adjust the length of your pants when switching from heels to flats how genius is that?! 

I love the ballerina pink and can't wait to wear them!




5.  Don't Be Afraid of Color

There is nothing more adorable (to me) than a great pair of heels or flats in a fabulous color.  I love how it can take an outfit from so-so to WOW!  I love a great pair of red heels but my favorite pair of pumps to date are my suede heels from J.Crew.  I love the pop of bright color these add to any outfit and that wearing them puts a smile on my face :)




6.  Wedges

I love wedges for a number of reasons but most of all they give me the height (of a heel) but provide the comfort of a flat (well almost). 

My favorite wedges by far are Tory Burch!  I feel like I can dress them up or down and they pull together any outfit. 



And how fabulous are these?!?!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season