It's Movie Time

I loved when I was growing up and you got to watch a video in school!!  It was always a treat :)  Even more of a treat then when I got picked to man the film strip projector.  Does anyone else remember film strips?  Or am I dating myself :)

Anywho given that it is winter and I hibernate during the winter I thought I would share with you some of my favorite movies.  I will tell you that I don't watch a lot of movies in the theatre.  It is out of shear laziness really that I don't go to the theatre.  I figure they will be on demand soon enough and I can watch them from the comfort of my couch!  So on Friday nights you will find me cuddled up by the fire watching my favorite flicks.

These movies are a bit dated but some of my favorites to watch.  So pop some popcorn, open a bottle of wine and enjoy! 

1.  A Civil Action

Stars John Travolta and William H. Macy amongst others.  It is a real life story about families who were impacted by contaminated drinking water in Massachusetts (I know you're thinking Erin Brokovich but it is a completely different movie) and hire John Travolta to help them.  Travolta's character is pretty corrupt but you will be rooting for him throughout the movie.  This is probably one of my favorite movies to date.  Give it a try and you won't be sorry.


2.  The Departed

Is a great movie about crime and corruption in Boston.  It has a great cast of characters and you will be glued to the screen!  This is a perfect Friday night at home movie. 


3.  The Saw Movies

Ok, ok so I'm normally a complete scaredy cat when it comes to horror movies but I love the Saw series.  They are complete and total psychology thrillers and I've seen every single one.  If you want to freak yourself and go on a wild, crazy ride try out this series.


4.  Copycat

Is just like the title suggests it is a movie all about killers who copy a serial killer who is currently in jail.  The twist is Sigourney Weaver is a profiler that the serial killer has become obsessed with.  I've seen this movie about 30 times and it stills scares me.  It is a good one to watch with a blanket in case you need to hide for a few minutes underneath it.


Comments

  1. I am a little shocked at all the horror films! :) You should add "The Goonies", "An Affair to Remember" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's" to soften the mood. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

A Sad Season