Into the Gloss

I'm a little obsessed with beauty products, I know, I know it's a problem and I'm going to get help for it I promise.....one day!  Until then you can find me at your local walgreens in the beauty aisle looking for my next great find...I kid, I kid....sorta.

The thing is when I've had a bad day or I'm just plain bored I go to the drug store and shop around.  It's less dangerous than going to Saks or Nordstrom and it always makes me feel better.  Now a lot of the items I purchase on these trips rarely get used or only get used once or twice because they're impulse purchases (remind me to tell you about the time I glued my eyelids shut when I was trying to put on false lashes).  Later when I'm cleaning out my bathroom I am left thinking to myself "What is this?  Why did I buy this" but you live and you learn.

But some of the items I have purchased on these trips are my favorite go to beauty items!  I got to thinking the other day about how there really is a void out there in blogland and in magazines for beauty products.  What I mean is a dedicated site or magazine that is only about beauty products and new beauty finds.  With that in mind I took to the internet and found a great site called Into The Gloss.  http://intothegloss.com/

This site is incredible and features fashion industry insiders (not celebs) and their favorite beauty products in a section called top shelf.  These people have access to it all and tell you what actually works and what they use on a daily basis.  The site has quickly become my new favorite obsession! 

One of the reasons I love the site is because I love, love finding products that work and that you can buy again and again.  I was at Walgreens this weekend stocking up on my favorite items.  My job is about to get crazy and for the next 3-4 months I will be working non-stop, living out of car and briefcase and in general being a stressed out mess.  To combat some of my stress I go buy the beauty products I can't live without in mass so I don't run out during this frantic time. 

Here are a few of my favorites:

1.  Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets are absolutely amazing!  They soak up all the oil on your face without removing your make-up.  While I have used a lot of oil absorbing sheets these are my tried and true favorites.


2. Suave Dry Shampoo is one of my newest finds and I love it.  I use the dry shampoo to give me volume and texture as I happen to have very thin, fine hair.  I use it after I have blow dried my hair and before I use hairspray.  I also use it when I'm being extremely lazy and don't want to wash my hair and am throwing it in a ponytail.  I also really like the Psst dry shampoo that you can buy at Amazon.com.  It works amazingly well and lasts forever!



3.  Listerine Pocketmist is the best little invention out there!  Throw away the gum, mints and altoids and pick up some literine pocketmist.  I use this stuff religiously before meetings, after lunch and throughout the day.  Just be careful where you spray it as a friend of mine had an unfortunate accident and happened to spray this powerful stuff in her eye rather than her mouth..teehee! :)



4.  E.L.F (eyes, lips, face) products are now at Target!!  I love, love this line of make up because the quality is amazing but what I really love is the PRICE!  The majority of the products start at $1 (this includes eyeshadows, lipsticks etc) and they can run you up to about $5.  Right now they have these amazing make-up pallets for $15!  You can check their stuff out online or at Target.  I highly recommend the make-up brushes (very similar to MACs and the eyeshadows). 
5.  Voluminous Mascara by L'Oreal has been a staple of mine since high school!  I have tried other mascaras but I keep coming back because it is soo amazing at thickening and lengthening lashes.  They have introduced more formulas but I absolutely love the original in carbon black!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

At Home Facial Favs

Old School Calendar